Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas is coming...

Thanksgiving just passed but it's almost time for my favorite time of the year -- Christmas!! I love the Christmas songs that start playing on the radio (judge me all you want but Justin Bieber's Christmas album from last year is so good), the Starbucks red holiday cups, the cold weather and Christmas cheer in the air. Friends on winter break, annual Christmas traditions, exchanging presents and being thankful every time. Can you believe that it's almost 2013?? Cliche, but I remember the end of 2012 like it was yesterday.

So what's your favorite thing to do during this time of year? Do you have a favorite memory?? For me, one of my favorite memories is this annual Christmas gathering my friends and I have done for the past 3 years, this year being the 4th time. Even though it's different every year, it's nice to have something that has been here so long. Every person has definitely changed- grown up, gone somewhere else for college, hangs out with other people now but we come together this one time of the year and just hang out like we did before years ago. I'm grateful for the people who still attend and I get to see them one of the few times of the year. It's just good fun!

My other favorite thing is when my family and I travel somewhere during Christmas. For the last few years, we've gone to Reno/Tahoe where we usually go skiing or another snow-related activity (we've done dog sledding and snowmobiling!). I'm not sure what we will do this year but Disneyland or Florida have been thrown in the mix!!

One favorite thing I've done with a significant other has just been lie in bed and relax while watching movies on TV. The usual snacks and everything, and then waking up the next morning to exchange gifts. Sounds a little boring but honestly, the simple pleasures in life are sometimes the most rewarding.

So what are some of your stories/memories?? Love and cheer in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment