Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm Addicted to You

Addiction is our topic today!

Have you ever had that one partner where you are/were absolutely head-over-heels for? You seem to gravitate to whatever they want, whatever they do, whereever they are. It might sound a bit stalkerish, but you may find that this person is your soulmate. So when does it go too far that you end up spending all your time thinking or being with this partner?

Sometimes one person in a relationship may end up spending all her spare time with her significant other, rather than splitting it amongst her friends and family as well. So how do you approach this issue with your friend that is becoming addicted to his or her significant other? Do you even approach it? Some people honestly give up and would rather let the person live their life, however they choose. Would you hold an intervention of your own? What would you do??

Speaking from experience, I can say that sometimes time does run away with me. I enjoy my time with my significant other because being both your best friend and your partner makes it even more fun to share new or old experiences together. I do have to say that I did notice that I was neglecting my friends more and more but turned that around after a while but instead of it being brought to my attention, they just let me continue on with my life. I can't say I wouldn't do the same either because of my passive-aggressiveness at times but instead of drifting away from each other, I wish that I had done something sooner or they had told me sooner as well. The past is past though but if you have been through a similar experience, I hope you worked it out as well.

So what do you do with a friend who is becoming more addicted to her significant other and not paying attention to other important aspects in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment