Hello my Blogspot people!
For your enjoyment, we will be having this blog up as well as our blog on our website (<-- click to go there!). There will be different reading material on each one so visit both to learn! ;)
To welcome you back, I just wanted to ask: did you know? I learned some interesting facts from the Internet about dating and relationships so I'm going to share them!
1) The most common time for a relationship to break up is between 3 to 5 months. Not too surprising to me honestly... from my experience, a good number of couples end up breaking it off after their "honeymoon phase" slowly dwindles down.
2) MSNBC.com and Elle Magazine collaborated on a survey and discovered that more than 31% of men confessed to breaking it off with an overweight partner. This compared to 12% of women that confessed to doing the same thing... a bit shocking but definitely an shake of my head for me. Appearances do have power in the relationship.
3) Wear blue! If a man cannot decide what to wear when going on a date, wear blue if in doubt. Studies have shown that women are attracted to men that wear blue. I love blue so it works in my favor! Blue is also an attractive color for both men and women, albeit not the only color.
4) A matchmaker in Manhattan charges $20,000 as a starter. If the match is successful and ends up in marriage, a bonus is expected. What?! A good chunk of people make less than that a year... reminds me of the millionaire matchmaker though.
5) Dating was started from a courtship ritual where young women entertained male callers under a chaperone's watch during the 20th century. Later on by the 1960s to 1970s, dating was replaced by "hooking up", considering the standard/socially acceptable age for marriage started increasing. It sounds a bit sleazy to me but I also appreciate the fact that women were finally given the right of marrying whenever they wanted to, rather than at 16 years old like back in the past.
So did some facts shock you? I can tell you that I learned a couple of new things from this!