Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Did You Know About This??

Today I bring you some more shockers about dating and relationships!

Some not so shocking but interesting data:
1) Couples usually wait around 6-8 dates until they are both willing to enter into a monogamous and exclusive relationship. I agree with this. However, people do enter into relationships within maybe 2 dates but each person rolls their own way, right? I can completely agree that this seems average though.
2) The most common time for a break-up of a relationship is around 3-5 months. I also agree with this. A good amount of relationships end up being over after the "honeymoon period" where one person in the relationship may start getting annoyed with the other's habits that they may have glossed over before. There are also other reasons of course.
3) 92% of single parents would rather date other single parents instead of singles. Honestly, if I was a single parent, I would also want to date another single parent. I just feel like the other person would understand what I have been through or am going through. There's also always that chance that if the person I was dating, hadn't mentioned that they did not want or like children. There is no future in that and ends up being a waste of time for the both of you.

Here comes the shockers:
1) 33% of online daters form a relationship, 33% do not end up in a relationship and 33% end up giving up. Those numbers made my eyes open wide... also the fact that all the numbers are 33%. However, those numbers also seem plausible as well. It makes me sad that some people could end up with nothing though.
2) There are 95.9 million unmarried people in the United States. 47% of that 95.9 million are men and 53% are women. Nothing to say except that 95.9 million is a whole lot of people.
3) If you want to create an instant link with a date, say his or her name at least twice in the conversation. It will show that you are paying attention to your date and flatters the other person.
4) HOT DEBATE: What is the appropriate time to call after you meet someone? It is usually 2-4 days but does not go beyond 4-5 days. However, calling too soon can seem desperate but calling too late can seem like you're playing a game.

What do you think? I honestly thought the factual data was interesting but found it relatively true and not-so-shocking. I also found the shockers actually surprising. I agree that #4 is a hot debate between people though... I personally prefer for a man to call me sooner than later but to each their own right?

No comments:

Post a Comment